|Home | Yearbooks | Students | Biographies | History | Phone Books | Churches | Pictures | Links|
George C. Huson, Page 445
GEORGE C. HUSON, of the firm of Huson Bros. & Timm, of Plymouth, dealers in flour, feed, farming implements, seeds, lime and tile, is an early settler of Sheboygan County. This firm is composed of George C. and Gilbert L. Huson, and Henry Timm, and was organized in February, 1892. Huson Bros. had been previously engaged in the agricultural implement business, beginning in that line in 1883.
George C. Huson, the subject of this biography, is a native of the State of New York, born September 6, 1854, in Lorraine, Jefferson County. His parents, Willard W. and Parnee (Lyman) Huson, were natives of the Empire State, and emigrated to Sheboygan County, Wis., in 1856. On coming to this county, they located on a farm in the town of Lyndon, near the Onion River, where they passed the remainder of their lives.
Mr. Huson was reared on a farm and received a common-school education. In 1875 he began in the world for himself, in the sewing-machine business, following that line for some two years. At the expiration of that time he went on the road as a traveling salesman. After three years experience in that direction, he engaged in the hardware business in Plymouth, in company with John Meyer, under the firm name of Meyer & Huson. Two years later Mr. Huson sold out and engaged in the agricultural implement business in the same city. Three years later his brother, Gilbert L., joined him, and subsequently the present firm was formed, as previously stated.
On the 15th of January, 1878, occurred the marriage of Mr. Huson and Miss Alice Hotchkiss. Mrs. Huson was born in Plymouth, and is a daughter of R. H. Hotchkiss, of whom a sketch will be found elsewhere in this volume. Mr. and Mrs. Huson hold membership with the Episcopal Church.
In politics, Mr. Huson is a Republican, and served as Justice of the Peace and Police Justice for some six or eight years. He belongs to a number of social and civic orders, as follows: Fidelity Lodge No. 19, K. P., of Fond du Lac; Lodge No. 57, B. P. O. E.; Hiawatha Council No. 520, R. A.; and Plymouth Camp No. 724, W. M. A.
Mr. Huson owns several houses and lots in the city of Plymouth, and is a man fully identified with the city, both in a business and social way.
|Copyright © 2009 www.sheboyganhistory.com - All Rights Reserved.|