|Home | Yearbooks | Students | Biographies | History | Phone Books | Churches | Pictures | Links|
Henry Gottfried Pott, Page 594
HENRY GOTTFRIED POTT, of the firm of Optenberg & Pott, proprietors of boiler and machine shops, resides at No. 1518 Second Street. He is a son of August Pott, one of the early and well-known settlers of Sheboygan County, a sketch of whom is found elsewhere in this work.
Henry G. Pott was born in the city of Sheboygan, February 3, 1858. His education was gained in the public schools, ant at the age of sixteen years he began learning the trade of machinist with Henry Foest, of this city, with whom he served an apprenticeship of four years. He worked at his trade in various places, and finally settled down permanently in Sheboygan.
February 24, 1885, Mr. Pott wedded Miss Anna Woehrmann, a daughter of William and Louise (Penselin) Woehrmann, early settlers of Sheboygan, where they still reside. Mrs. Pott was born in the Chair City on the 11th of October, 1864. Of this union there has been one son born, Arthur, whose birth occurred February 5, 1890.
At the time of his marriage Mr. Pott was engineer of the City Fire Department, in which position he continued until the water works were completed, in 1888. He then engaged again in work at his trade. In 1891, he engaged in business with George P. Myers, under the firm name of Myers & Pott, proprietors of a foundry and machine shop. A year later he sold out to his partner, and formed the existing partnership with J. H. Optenberg. The business of this firm is located on the corner of Clara and South Seventh Streets.
In Sheboygan, Mr. Pott has spent his boyhood and manhood, he having been a resident of this city all his life. Socially, he is a member of the Concordia Singing Society, and of the National Association of Stationary Engineers.
|Copyright © 2009 www.sheboyganhistory.com - All Rights Reserved.|