|Home | Yearbooks | Students | Biographies | History | Phone Books | Churches | Pictures | Links|
Schultheiss Brothers, Page 606
SCHULTHEISS BROTHERS. The firm of Schultheiss Bros., of Sheboygan, is composed of two brothers, Frank and John L., sons of Charles Schultheiss, who was one of the early settlers of this city. The firm is engaged in plumbing and gas-fitting, and also manufactures bolts, rods, axles, etc. In fact, the business comprises general iron works, and is located at No. 114 Eighth Street.
Charles Schultheiss was born in Germany, December 21, 1821. He grew to manhood in his native country, and was there married to Dora Gennburg. In 1854 he emigrated to the United States. He learned the trade of blacksmith in early life, and carried on quite an extensive business before coming to America. On coming to Sheboygan, he established a like business, which was continued until his death. He was called upon to mourn the loss of his wife August 3, 1884; his death occurred January 31, 1892. Mr. and Mrs. Schultheiss were the parents of a family of nine sons. Only three of their children grew to mature years. The eldest of these was Paul, who died in Cincinnati, Ohio, a number of years ago. Frank Schultheiss is the eldest of the two surviving brothers. he was born in Sheboygan, January 30, 1862. After learning the trade of carriage-making, he traveled as a journeyman about four years. The younger brother, John L., was born December 3, 1863. He learned the blacksmith's trade with his father.
The Schultheiss Bros., as has been seen, are natives of the Evergreen City, which has always been their home, and where they are known as enterprising citizens. Beginning business on a small scale, they have since largely increased their capacity, and are now doing quite an extensive business.
|Copyright © 2009 www.sheboyganhistory.com - All Rights Reserved.|