|Home | Yearbooks | Students | Biographies | History | Phone Books | Churches | Pictures | Links|
Louis P. Wagner, Page 240
LOUIS P. WAGNER, a well-known representative of the dental profession at Sheboygan, has practiced in that city since 1885. He began studying dentistry with Dr. Fred Runge in October of that year, and remained with him about two years. In 1887 he entered the University Dental College of Chicago, where he pursued a course of dental surgery, attending at the same time the Chicago Medical College. Returning to Sheboygan, he practiced in the office of Dr. H. A. Dillingham until October, 1888, when he entered the American College of Dental Surgery at Chicago, from which he graduated in March, 1889. He later resumed practice with Dr. Dillingham, with whom he continued until January 1, 1891, when he opened an office at No. 723 Eighth Street.
Dr. Wagner is a native of Sheboygan County, and was born in the town of Mosel, August 29, 1867. He is a representative of a pioneer family, his father, Peter Wagner, having settled in that town in 1848. Peter Wagner was born in Prussia, Germany, and is a son of Jacob Wagner, who emigrated with his family to America and has been many years deceased. Peter Wagner married Paulina Seidel, a native of Saxony. Mrs. Wagner came to this country with her parents at the age of thirteen years. She and her husband settled in the town of Mosel, where they continued to live until 1890, when they removed to the town of Centerville, Manitowoc County. Their family consists of five children, three sons and two daughters. William resides on the old farm in Mosel; Louis is the second son in order of birth, and Herman is the youngest; the sisters are Lena and Emma, at home.
Louis P. was reared on the home farm, attending the public school in his native town. He was married August 4, 1892, to Miss Augusta Wieman, a daughter of Henry Wieman. The latter is a native of Holstein, and an early settler of Two Rivers, Wis., but now a resident of Sheboygan.
Dr. Wagner is a man well posted in regard to his profession, having taken special courses in that line, and receives a liberal share of the public patronage.
|Copyright © 2009 www.sheboyganhistory.com - All Rights Reserved.|